Hello everyone! Between work or school, keeping up with everything in your life, blogging or hobbies, and everyday responsibilities, it's pretty normal to feel stressed, but no one likes it -duh. So I came up with 10 simple ideas, just in case you're having a stressful day and you need to relax. These calming activities might give you the peace of mind that you're missing.
1. Sip green tea, it's a source of L-Theanine, a chemical that helps relieve anger. Add some honey and (not sugar) if you prefer it sweet. Honey provides compounds that reduce inflammation in the brain -which means, no more anxiety.
2. Chewing gum even for a few minutes reduces anxiety and it's a great way to beat stress -it's also an easy way to concentrate while you're giving your exams.
3. Take a hot bubble bath, and close your eyes. The warm water will relax your tightened muscles.
4. On the other hand, if you're having a really nervous moment, drop some cold water on your wrists and behind your earlobes. Cooling the specific arteries under these parts of your body, can help calm your whole body instantly.
5. Listen to calming music. I'm always going for Yoga music, especially this playlist.
6. Light up some candles in your room -or work place- and just watch the fire for a few moments. Your brain will focus on the slight move of the fire. That way you get more relaxed and you're able to think more positive and clear.
7. Lavender is the most soothing scent, because it stimulates the smell receptors in the nose that connect to the part of the brain, that regulates emotions. A lavender body lotion, perfume, flowers, candles, essential oil are great ways to insert this scent to your everyday life.
8. Give your pet a hug, or your neighbor's pet, or any pet. Pets can boost your self-esteem and they're always up for a few minutes of running playfully around the room just to cheer you up.
9. Brush your hair for a couple of minutes. Repetitive motions can cause the body to relax.
10. Have a daydream -or as it's called a "creative visualization". The doorbell rings. Look at that! It's Anna Wintour and she wants to go shopping with you. Yay! These daydreams, right because they're happy thoughts, it's an instant mood boost if you're having a rough day.